header

header

2.20.2008

Parting with an old friend




Well, I guess that's it...my baby is no longer a baby. The last of my children has decided the theme we chose for the first nursery will no longer cut it. Baseball has taken over and nothing "babyish" will be tolerated! So, it's time for my Beach Baby mural to find a new home. Here are photos of the mural and my inspiration, my Beach Baby Ben:

I learned my lesson years ago after I spent hours on a mural then we moved. Then and there I was determined to figure out how to paint a mobile mural. I have been painting them on prepared canvas ever since. It's really not difficult, but it is more time consuming and less comfortable (since I'm usually hunched over it on the floor instead of standing and stretching out). Acrylic paints and some sealer and an idea are all the supplies you need. This mural measures 90 x 62 inches! They are so easy to install, either with wall paper paste directly to the wall, or stapled to a frame, or hung with curtain rings with hooks in the wall as I did.
If you'd like to see more of this mural, it's now for sale (or should I say up for adoption to a good home...sniff...) on Etsy at www.hopestudios.etsy.com along with some of my other projects. I also create custom orders if you have an idea. You can find my address below or you can contact me through Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work