header

header

11.12.2008

Roasted Chicken Thighs with Faux Whipped Potatoes

I had a great photo of this meal but alas, I've lost it. Maybe it's mixed into the sea of random photos in computer-land.

This chicken marinade is from celebrity Chef Christina Ferrare, and is quite tasty. The recipe is meant for roast chicken, but I've adapted it so that I could use thighs.

1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice

Whisk together and pour over chicken pieces and let marinate for about 1 hour. Remove from the marinade and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.

Also, it's that time of the year again...holiday snacking and parties. Did you know the average American will consume more than 4,500 calories and 229 grams of fat on Thanksgiving Day alone(according to the Caloric Control Council.) That can equal a weight gain of 7-10 pounds over the holiday season! So, this is when I begin to try to make healthier choices for our everyday meals.

These "Faux Whipped Potatoes" are just the ticket. Simply, steam a head of cauliflower cut into florets.

Transfer the cauliflower into the bowl of your food processor and add

2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
a pinch of nutmeg

Pulse, adding more milk as necessary until a creamy consistency. This can be eaten as whipped potatoes alone or mixed with whipped potatoes. Bon appetite!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the chicken marinade......That's what I'm going to do with my roaster chicken!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work