header

header

9.24.2009

Cemetery Hoppin'


I know it sounds strange, but I love to visit cemeteries when I'm away from home. I think they are so peaceful and I always end up getting some great photos there. I knew I wanted to use some of the photos for my walls so off we went.

We originally chose this cemetery because I wanted to tour the catacombs, but after a mix-up on the Metro, we missed the last tour by 20 minutes. Bummer. Here is a visit to a lovely French cemetery in Mont Parnasse in Paris.







Later that same day, we stopped at a sidewalk cafe to pass the time as the French do - people watching!

We sat down with our beer (please, no more wine!):



and soon we were entertained by this fellow:



Oh, attention all street performers! If you play me music I will pay you! I'm a sucker for music and drop money in every guitar case I see. Now, are you looking pathetic and shaking a cup? Not so much. Take a look at some of the other performers we encountered:




Do you want to go to the Eiffel Tower tomorrow? Okay, meet me back here...

.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful statues... Can't wait to see more tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! I'm extremely jealous.

    I'm a sucker for music players with a guitar case open too.... but I also can't pass up a cup shaker.
    It's a shame though, I live near New Orleans, we have a lot of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU! I always visit cemetaries when I go other places and people always think I'm so weird but there's just something so beautiful about the peace and statues of cemetaries. Thanks for sharing more pics of the trip! It looks and sounds like it was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to visit old cemeteries too! Most people think I'm nuts when I tell them that, lol. Lovely photos by the way ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos, so beautiful, especially the blue door . . . and the statues . . . and the happy guys play . . . and the cemetaries. I guess I just love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our family loves to tour cemetaries (and old battle grounds)as well. Is that weird?!

    Your photos are lovely. I can't wait to see more.

    XO*Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree cemeteries are so peaceful and usually very beautiful. One of my favorites is a very old colonial cemetery in Plymouth, MA. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures you are posting of Paris. So swoony. Can't wait to see the Eiffel Tower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful artwork at the cemetary! I also love your photo of the beer with the traffic in the background; it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you had fun.

    Can you e-mail me--I have a question for you
    Cheri
    cheri.peoples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to visit cemeteries too. I'm glad to read you do too. I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work