header

header

4.28.2011

Basement Reveal, cont...

Sick of my basement yet? I only have a few more pictures to show you then I promise I'm done!

The previous basement posts are Here and Here

Right next to the TV/sitting area is the pool table (we got a ping pong top for it that's on in these photos) and the "bar". Would you believe that this window shown here is actually an egress window with a 6 foot deep window well and a ladder? Blinds can hide a multitude of interior design sins!



This is adult recreation zone, with a pool table, dart board, and our own TV!





We decided to put a discreet "bar" area in that more resembled a kitchenette. Our boys are getting older and we didn't want to send mixed signals when they were downstairs hanging with their friends. A sink, some cabinets, and two small glass-front fridges for beverages and we were good to go!



Remember that giant piece of cherry we used for the mantle? Well, there was enough left over to create a shelf for drinks!



And, finally, I know this was the source of much controversy around here a few months ago. It was one of my most commented posts and I had lots of passionate responses, but...

Ready???




But, we installed a urinal! I have anywhere from 4-10 male humans here at any given time and I was sick of cleaning up strange pee splashes! We got a nice, small, dare I say "cute", urinal and have been very happy with it. The kids added a step stool so even munchkins can wee in it!

So, that's that! I might post a run down of the finishes we used if there is an interest, but I promise I won't make you look at any more photos of my new basement...probably...

.

10 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful space! Yours will be the house of choice for hanging out with the guys. And the urinal -- brilliant!
    xo Cathy - another mom of all guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer,
    What a fabulous space for you and your family. I love the idea of the urinal...what was the controversy over ???

    As a woman in a household of men, I totally get it.

    Janet xox

    PS...Is that where I will sleep when I visit????
    ;->

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jennifer,
    What a fabulous space for you and your family. I love the idea of the urinal...what was the controversy over ???

    As a woman in a household of men, I totally get it.

    Janet xox

    PS...Is that where I will sleep when I visit????
    ;->

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. So now I want a urinal. lol Great job with your basement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cool basement, but most of all: THE URINAL! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This space is awesome! I love it! The pool/ping pong table area is great - love the flooring you chose. And the urinal rocks!!! I have to remember that for when we do our basement over!

    And I especially love that you tucked the bar to the side and didn't make it the focus of your basement. While I do think that is a cool concept for adults to hang out at, my kids too are nearing the teenage years and I don't want them to equate hanging out in the basement with hanging out at the bar!

    Great job with the whole design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the only girl in our house and have wished for a urinal many, many days.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa look awesome! Doesn't even look like a basement. The urinal is a nice touch I understand about cleaning those splashes =_=

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep! I'm still totally head over heels with your basement!!! I so love it for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great. Love the urinal. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work