header

header

4.28.2014

Blueberry Cake and Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal

Last week I shared a recipe for Apple Pie Oatmeal that I LOVE!  Today, I wanted to show you how to vary the ingredients to make your own concoctions!

I use the basic Baked Oatmeal Recipe I adapted from Budget Bytes:
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1½ cups unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1½ cups milk
  • 2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats 
For the Blueberry Cake, I combined the first 8 ingredients and whisked well. Then stirred in the oatmeal and finally folded in 1 cup of blueberries. Pour into a buttered dish and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

For the Strawberry Shortcake, I combined 2 cups of sliced strawberries + 1 Tbsp. corn starch + 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar then poured it into the bottom of a buttered baking dish.

I made the Baked Oatmeal recipe above and poured it over the berries and baked at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

Try out some combinations of your own and report back!  I can't wait to hear the variations you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work